Terms & Conditions
Last Revised: April 8, 2021
Welcome to Wacademy’s Terms & Conditions! We are truly excited to have you here. Thank you for choosing to use our services.
Below we have listed important legal terms that apply to anyone who visits our website or uses our services. These terms are necessary in order to protect both you and us, and to make our services possible and more enjoyable for everyone. Wacademy offers a wide range of services and features and part of the terms below may not be relevant to the specific services you use.
We understand that legal terms can be exhausting to read, and we’ve tried to make the experience more pleasant. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve them, you are more than welcome to contact us at support@Academy-w.com.
1.1. Our Mission
We aim to help you kickstart online! Whether you are studying at school, university or starting your professional career, starting a project or running a business – we are here to help!
From one side, we can teach you the art of web design – in our 90 days intensive course you can learn how to create a highly functional website or online store and get some priceless real-world experience!
From another side, we offer the ability to get a beautiful and highly functional online presence (website or online store), to manage and promote businesses, content and ideas, and have an overall great experience doing so – without being tech-savvy or a design guru for free!
How do we do that? We connect young and passionate web designers with ambitious businesses and project owners. This way our students get real-world experience and project owners get a handmade online presence.
1.2. Legal Agreement
These Wacademy Terms & Conditions (“Terms & Conditions”), together with such additional terms which specifically apply to some of our services and features as presented on the Academy-w.com website(s) (“Wacademy Website”, and collectively – the “Wacademy Terms”), all set forth the entire terms and conditions applicable to each visitor or user (“User” our “you”) of the Wacademy Website, the Wacademy mobile application (the “Wacademy App”) and/or any other services, applications and features offered by us with respect thereto, except where we explicitly state otherwise (all services offered through the Wacademy Website or the Wacademy App, collectively – the “Wacademy Services” or “Services”).
The Wacademy Terms constitute a binding and enforceable legal contract between Wacademy and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries worldwide (“Wacademy”, “us” or “we”) and you in relation to the use of any Wacademy Services – so please read them carefully.
You may visit and/or use the Wacademy Services and/or the Wacademy App only if you fully agree to the Wacademy Terms – and by using and/or registering to any of the Wacademy Services, you signify and affirm your informed consent to these Terms & Conditions and any other Wacademy Terms applicable to your use of any Wacademy Services. If you do not read, fully understand and agree to the Wacademy Terms, you must immediately leave the Wacademy Website and avoid or discontinue all use of the Wacademy Services.
1.3. User Account
In order to access and use certain sections and features of the Wacademy Services, you must first register and create an account with Wacademy (“User Account”).
If anyone other than yourself accesses your User Account and/or any of your User Platforms’ settings, they may perform any actions available to you (unless as specifically stated otherwise on the Wacademy Services), make changes to your User Platform(s) and User Account, and accept any legal terms available therein, make various representations and warranties and more – and all such activities will be deemed to have occurred on your behalf and in your name.
Therefore, we strongly encourage you to keep the log-in credentials of your User Account confidential, and allow such access only to people you trust – as you will be solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account and/or User Platforms (including for any representations, warranties and undertakings made therein), whether or not specifically authorized by you, and for any damages, expenses or losses that may result from such activities.
You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your User Account and using the Wacademy Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. We strongly encourage you to provide your own (or your company’s) contact and billing details, including your valid e-mail address, as we may use it to identify and determine the actual and true owner of the User Account and/or User Content (as defined below) submitted to us.
In case of a dispute on User Account ownership, we reserve the right to determine ownership to a User Account based on our reasonable judgment, whether or not an independent investigation has been conducted by us. However, if we cannot make such determination (as we may deem in our sole discretion), we reserve the right to avoid doing so and/or suspend a User Account until the parties disputing such ownership, reach a resolution, without liability to you or to any other party. We may request documentation (e.g. government-issued ID, a business license) that may assist us in determining ownership. Among others, we may consider the principles set forth below.
- Wacademy will consider the owner of a User Account, User Platform and/or User Content created and/or uploaded to the relevant Wacademy Service, as the person or entity who has access to the e-mail address then listed in Wacademy’s records for such User Account under which such User Platform or User Content was created.
- If any Paid Services (as defined in Section 5 below) were purchased via a User Account, Wacademy will consider the owner of such User Account and/or the relevant User Platform and/or User Content created thereunder, may be considered to be the person or entity whose billing details were used to purchase such Paid Services (“Billing Information”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, when applicable if a User Platform was connected to an external domain name (either imported or purchased as part of certain Paid Services, as defined below), and such domain’s registration information is publicly available via the WHOIS database, Wacademy will consider the owner of such User Platform as the person or entity registered as the registrant of such domain thereunder. In the event that an individual and an organization are both registered as the registrant or the registrant organization of such domain, Wacademy will consider the organization as the actual owner of the domain, and therefore as the owner of the User Platform connected to such domain. In event the Billing Information indicates one person as the owner of the User Platform and the domain registration indicates a different owner, Wacademy shall consider the person registered as the owner of the domain connected to the Wacademy Account as the owner of the User Platform.
- Notwithstanding the forgoing, Wacademy shall have the right to determine the ownership of User Content and/or a User Website as it chooses, including by ignoring the indications set forth above, in event Wacademy deems, at its sole discretion, that the situation justifies such determination, all based upon the factual situation as determined by Wacademy.
2. Our services
We are providing high quality courses on web design and development (“Courses”).
You can participate in our Courses online or at one of our offices. Courses are available in English, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian and other languages.
Courses in Wacademy are free of charge, but Wacademy accepts only the most motivated and worthiest students.
In order to enroll in our Courses, students must fill the application form on our website here: www.academy-w.com/courses. Only fully completed applications are considered by our team of admissions.
Every group of Courses has limited places available, consequently, Wacademy reserves the right to decline any applicant without reasoning.
Wacademy sends the first round of invitations to the best applicants 20 days before the start of the Courses. Applicants have 10 days to confirm their participation in the Courses.
In the event that not all invited applicants confirm their participation in the Courses, Wacademy sends the second round of invitations for the next best candidates. Applicants have 5 days to confirm their participation in the Courses.
Together with the invitation, Wacademy sends the Web design and development training agreement. Participation in the Courses is considered confirmed only if Wacademy receives a signed agreement until the deadline mentioned above.
The agreement sets out the rights and obligations of both parties.
Successful completion of the Courses is awarded with Wacademy’s certificate and diploma in practice.
Free website and free online store
As a part of our web design and development training, we provide our students a real world experience. This experience is provided with the help of small/medium business or other kind of project owners (“Participants”) that are willing to get a website or an online store free of charge.
Participants can apply for a free website or online store development by filling the application form on our website. We consider only fully completed application forms.
Wacademy’s goal is to help as many Participants to kickstart their projects/businesses online as possible. However, the places for a free website development is limited because of the limited number of students. Consequently, Wacademy reserves the right to decline any application without reasoning.
Wacademy sends the first round of invitations to the most interesting projects 20 days before the start of the project. Applicants have 10 days to confirm their participation in the project.
In the event that not all invited applicants confirm their participation in the Courses, Wacademy sends the second round of invitations for the remaining most interesting projects. Applicants have 5 days to confirm their participation in the Courses.
Together with the invitation, Wacademy sends the Web design and development agreement. Participation in the project is considered confirmed only when Wacademy receives a signed agreement until the deadline mentioned above.
The agreement sets out the rights and obligations of both parties, the process of the project and deadlines.
Wacademy takes all the legal obligations and provides quality guarantees for the Participants according to the agreement mentioned above.
Add-ons and other services
Wacademy provides a great diversity of web design and development as well as digital marketing services. These services can be ordered on our website or by getting in touch with our team.
3. Your Obligations
3.1. You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least thirteen (13) years of age, or sixteen (16) years of age if you are an individual within the European Union (EU), or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into the Wacademy Terms and to form a binding agreement, for yourself or on behalf of the person or entity committed by you to the Wacademy Terms;
- you are not a resident of (or will use the Wacademy Services in) a country that the EU or U.S. government has embargoed for use of the Wacademy Services;
- your country of residence and/or your company’s country of incorporation is the same as the country specified in the contact and/or billing address you provide us;
- you understand that Wacademy does not provide any legal advice or any recommendation with respect to any laws or requirements applicable to your use or any of your End Users, or your compliance therewith;
And specifically regarding your User Content:
- you confirm you own all rights in and to any content uploaded or provided by you, or imported, copied or uploaded by Wacademy Services for you, to your User Platform (“User Content”), including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, code, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, usernames, information you provide for the purpose of creating a subdomain name, text, literary works and any other materials (“Content”), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the User Content, as necessary to legally access to, import, copy, use, publish, transfer or license such User Content, by you and us or any of our affiliates;
- you have (and will maintain) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority to allow Wacademy Services to access any websites, web pages and/or other online services, for the purpose of importing, copying, displaying, uploading, transmitting and/or otherwise using, your User Content.
- the User Content is (and will continue to be) true, current, accurate, non-infringing upon any third party rights, and in no way unlawful for you to upload, import, copy, possess, post, transmit, display or otherwise use, in the country in which you or your User Platform’s visitors and users (“End Users”) reside, or for Wacademy and/or your End Users to access, import, copy, upload, use or possess in connection with the Wacademy Services;
- you have obtained all consents and permissions required under all applicable laws, regarding the posting, transmission and publication of any personal information and/or image or likeness of any person, entity or property which is part of the User Content, and you will adhere to all laws applicable thereto.
3.2. You undertake and agree to:
- fully comply with all applicable laws and any other contractual terms which govern your use of the Wacademy Services (and any related interaction or transaction), including those specific laws applicable to you or your End Users in any of your geographical locations;
- be solely responsible and liable with respect to any of the uses of the Wacademy Services which occur under your User Account and/or User Platform(s), and for any of your User Content (including for any consequences of accessing, importing, uploading, copying, using or publishing such User Content on or with respect to the Wacademy Services);
- regularly and independently save and backup any of your User Content and the information that is being processed by you regarding your User Platform, including with respect to End Users, User Products, and any applications and/or Third Party Services used by you;
- receive from time to time promotional messages and materials from Wacademy or its partners, by mail, e-mail or any other contact form you may provide us with (including your phone number for calls or text messages). If you wish not to receive such promotional materials or notices – please just notify us at any time;
- allow Wacademy to use in perpetuity, worldwide and free of charge, any version of your User Platform (or any part thereof) for any of Wacademy’s marketing and promotional activities, online and/or offline, and modify it as reasonably required for such purposes, and you waive any claims against Wacademy or anyone on its behalf relating to any past, present or future moral rights, artists’ rights, or any other similar rights worldwide that you may have in or to your User Platform with respect to such limited permitted uses;
- Wacademy’s sole discretion as to the means, manner, and method for performing the Wacademy Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any User Platforms and/or Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto).
- Wacademy shall have the right to offer the Wacademy Services in alternative price plans and impose different restrictions as for the upload, storage, download and use of the Wacademy Services in each price plan, including, without limitation, restrictions on network traffic and bandwidth, size and/or length of Content, quality and/or format of Content, sources of Content, volume of download time, number of subscribers to your Content, etc.
3.3. You agree and undertake not to:
- submit, transmit or display any User Content, or use Licensed Content in a context, which may be deemed as defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, incendiary, abusive, racist, offensive, deceptive or fraudulent, encouraging criminal or harmful conduct, or which otherwise violates the rights of Wacademy or any third party (including any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, contractual or fiduciary rights), or otherwise shows any person, entity or brand in a bad or disparaging light, without their prior explicit approval;
- use any illegal action to collect login data and/or passwords for other websites, third parties, software or services;
- phish, collect, upload, or otherwise make available credit card information or other forms of financial data used for collecting payments, unless done in accordance with any applicable law, including, with the PCI DSS standard when applicable;
- upload, insert, collect or otherwise make available within the Wacademy Website or the Wacademy Services (or any part thereof), any malicious, unlawful, defamatory or obscene Content;
- publish and/or make any use of the Wacademy Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by Wacademy, and/or frame, “deep link”, “page scrape”, mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Wacademy Services, Licensed Content and/or User Platform (or any part thereof), except as expressly permitted by Wacademy, in advance and in writing;
- use any “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Wacademy Services (or its data and/or Content), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Wacademy Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Wacademy Services;
- act in a manner which might be perceived as damaging to Wacademy’s reputation and goodwill or which may bring Wacademy into disrepute or harm;
- purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Wacademy or Wacademy Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
- impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Wacademy Services and/or User Platform, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise perform any manipulation in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Wacademy and/or any End Users;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that Wacademy or any third party endorses you, your User Platform, your business, your User Products, or any statement you make;
- reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another User of Wacademy Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other User’s right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Wacademy Services and/or User Platform without their express and informed consent;
- disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Wacademy Services, User Platform, the account of another User(s), or any other systems or networks connected to the Wacademy Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Wacademy Services or any network connected to the Wacademy Services;
- upload to the Wacademy Services and/or User Platform or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Wacademy Services or Wacademy’s systems or networks connected to the Wacademy Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Wacademy Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
- use any of the Wacademy Services and/or User Platform in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
- use the Wacademy Services for the creation and operation of websites whose main purpose (directly or indirectly) is video streaming;
- access to Wacademy Services, User Accounts, Licensed Content and/or User Content, through any means or technology (e.g. scraping and crawling), other than our publicly supported interfaces.
- sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Wacademy Services, except as expressly permitted by the Wacademy Terms;
- violate, attempt to violate, or otherwise fail to comply with any of the Wacademy Terms or any laws or requirements applicable to your use of the Wacademy Services.
- access or use the Services for benchmarking or similar competitive analysis purposes or in order to build a competitive product or service.
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you herein may result in the immediate termination of your User Account and/or any Services provided to you – with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
4. Content and Ownership
4.1. Your Intellectual Property
As between Wacademy and you, you shall own all intellectual property pertaining to your User Content and to any other materials created by you, including to any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, code, interfaces, text and literary works. Wacademy does not claim ownership rights on your content. For the sole purpose of granting you the service, You know and agree that we will need to access, upload and/or copy your User Content to our platform, including cloud services and CDN’s, to make display adjustments, to duplicate for backup and perform any other technical actions and/or uses required to perform our services, as we deem fit.
4.2. Wacademy’s Intellectual Property
All rights, title and interest in and to the Wacademy Services, including any and all copyrightable materials or any other content thereof which is or may be subject to any intellectual property rights under any applicable law (including any artwork, graphics, images, website examples and widgets, literary work, source and object code, computer code (including html), applications, audio, music, video and other media, designs, animations, interfaces, documentation, derivatives and versions thereof, the “look and feel” of the Wacademy Services, methods, products, algorithms, data, interactive features and objects, advertising and acquisition tools and methods, inventions, trade secrets, logos, domains, customized URLs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other proprietary identifiers, whether or not registered and/or capable of being registered (collectively, “Intellectual Property”), and any derivations thereof, are owned by and/or licensed to Wacademy.
Subject to your full compliance with the Wacademy Terms and timely payment of all applicable Fees, Wacademy hereby grants you, upon creating your User Account and for as long as Wacademy wishes to provide you with the Wacademy Services, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully revocable, limited license to use the Wacademy Services and Licensed Content, for the purpose of generating and displaying your User Platform to End Users and offering your User Products (as defined below) therein, solely as expressly permitted under the Wacademy Terms, and solely within the Wacademy Services.
The Wacademy Terms do not convey any right or interest in or to Wacademy’s Intellectual Property (or any part thereof), except only for the limited license expressly granted above. Nothing in the Wacademy Terms constitutes an assignment or waiver of Wacademy’s Intellectual Property rights under any law.
6. Service Fees
6.1. Paid Services
The use of certain Wacademy Services may be subject to payment of particular fees, as determined by Wacademy in its sole discretion (“Paid Services” and “Fee(s)”, respectively). Wacademy will provide notice of such Fees then in effect in relation to such Paid Services. If you wish to receive or use such Paid Services, you are required to pay all applicable Fees in advance.
Wacademy reserves the right to change its Fees at any time, upon notice to you if such change may affect your existing subscriptions. If you received a discount or other promotional offer, Wacademy shall have the right to automatically and without notice renew your subscription to such Wacademy Service(s) at the full applicable Fee.
All Fees shall be deemed to be in Euros, except as specifically stated otherwise in writing by Wacademy. To the extent permitted by law (and unless specified otherwise by Wacademy in writing), all Fees are exclusive of all taxes (including value added tax, sales tax, goods and services tax, etc.), levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities (“Taxes”), and you shall be responsible for payment of all applicable Taxes relating to your use of the Wacademy Services, or to any payments or purchases made by you. If Wacademy is obligated to collect or pay Taxes for the Fees payable by you, and whether or not such Taxes were added and collected from you for previous transactions, such Taxes may be added to the payment of any outstanding Fees and will be reflected in the Invoice for such transaction. We recommend that you verify the existence of any additional fees you may be charged by third parties in connection with the purchase of Paid Services or in connection with the renewal thereof (such as international transaction fees, currency exchange fees or fees due to banks or credit card companies). Wacademy is not responsible for any such additional fees or costs.
As part of registering or submitting information to receive Paid Services, you also authorize Wacademy (either directly or through its affiliates, subsidiaries or other third parties) to request and collect payment and service fees (or otherwise charge, refund or take any other billing actions) from our payment provider or your designated banking account, and to make any inquiries Wacademy or its affiliates may consider necessary to validate your designated payment account or financial information, in order to ensure prompt payment, including for the purpose of receiving updated payment details from your payment, credit card or banking account provider (e.g., updated expiry date or card number as may be provided to us by your credit card company).
You must keep a credit card stored with Wacademy to pay for your Paid Services (“Stored Card”). You will be able to identify your Stored Card by its last four digits as in your Account Settings Page.
6.3. Subscription Auto-Renewals
In order to ensure that you do not experience any interruption or loss of services, certain Paid Services include an automatic renewal option by default, according to which, unless you turn-off the auto-renewal option, such Paid Services will automatically renew upon the end of the applicable subscription period, for a renewal period equal in time to the original subscription period (excluding extended periods) and, unless otherwise notified to you, at the same price (subject to applicable Taxes changes and excluding any discount or other promotional offer provided for the first period) (“Renewing Paid Services”). For example, if the original subscription period for a Service is one month, each of its renewal periods (where applicable) will be for one month. Accordingly, where applicable, Wacademy will attempt to automatically charge you the applicable Fees using the Stored Card, within up-to two (2) weeks before such renewal period commences. In the event of failure to collect the Fees owed by you, we may in our sole discretion (but shall not be obligated to) retry to collect on a later time, and/or suspend or cancel your User Account, without further notice. If your Renewing Paid Service is subject to a yearly or multiple-year subscription period, Wacademy will endeavor to provide you a notice prior to the renewal of such Paid Service at least thirty (30) days in advance of the renewal date.
By entering into this Agreement and by purchasing a Renewing Paid Service, you acknowledge and agree that the Renewing Paid Service shall automatically renew in accordance with the above terms.
You may turn-off the auto-renewal option for Renewing Paid Services at any time via your User Account.
Certain domains are subject to a different renewal policy as detailed in the Domains Registration Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, you are and shall be solely responsible to verify and ensure the successful renewal of the Wacademy Services you use (whether or not such Wacademy Services are subject to automatic subscription renewals). Accordingly, you shall be solely responsible with respect to any discontinuation of any Wacademy Services previously purchased by you, including due to a cancellation, failure to charge the applicable recurring Fees, or due to any Wacademy Services not being subject to automatic subscription renewals. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not have any claims against Wacademy in relation to the discontinuation of any Wacademy Services or Third Party Services, for whatever reason.
6.4. Money-Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with Wacademy Services that are subject to a Fee for a period of service or subscription commitment and which is your initial purchase of such service, you may provide notice of cancellation for any reason within thirty (30) days of having first ordered or activated such Wacademy Services (the “Refund” and “Refund Period”). The Refund is applicable only to the initial purchase of Wacademy services or third-party service purchased on Wacademy website. The Refund is not applicable to any additional purchases, upgrades, modification or renewals of Wacademy Services. The Refund is also not applicable to any Wacademy Services that was purchased for 1-11 months. For all such purchases Wacademy applies “Cancel at any time” policy. If you reside in a jurisdiction which requires a longer Refund Period, we will of course be happy to accommodate such requirements in accordance with all applicable laws. If Wacademy receives such notice within such Refund Period, Wacademy will refund to you the amount Wacademy charged you for such Wacademy Services, in currency you were originally charged in, and cancel them accordingly. Please note that the Refund amount may be different than the amount you were charged due to currency changes and third party fees. Wacademy will not be responsible for any differences caused by change of currency exchange rates or fees you were charged by third parties. After the Refund Period, the Fees paid by you are non-refundable and non-cancellable. In addition, if we find that a notice of cancellation has been given in bad faith or in an illegitimate attempt to avoid payment for services actually received and enjoyed, we reserve our right to still charge the User who provided such notice for any Wacademy Services actually received, as permitted by law.
Please note: Certain services purchased on or through the Wacademy Services may be non-refundable. These include Third Party Services such as domains, business tools and applications. The terms of each purchased service or application are indicated on the Wacademy Website and/or as part of or during the process of purchasing such services or applications. It is your obligation to verify your ability to cancel a service prior to purchasing it. Wacademy will not refund any amounts paid for non-refundable Paid Services, applications or Third Party Services.
If, at any time, we record a decline, chargeback or other rejection of a charge of any payable Fees on your Wacademy account (“Chargeback”), this will be considered as a breach of your payment obligations hereunder, and your use of the Wacademy Services may be automatically disabled or terminated.
In the event a Chargeback is performed, your User Account may be blocked without the option to re-purchase or re-use it, and any data contained in such User Account, including any domains, applications and Third Party Services may be subject to cancellation and Capacity Loss (as defined in Section 6.3 below).
Your use of the Wacademy Services will not resume until you re-subscribe for any such Wacademy Services, and pay any applicable Fees in full, including any fees and expenses incurred by Wacademy and/or any Third Party Services for each Chargeback received (including Fees for Wacademy Services provided prior to the Chargeback, handling and processing charges and fees incurred by the payment processor).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a payment made to Wacademy, we encourage you to first contact our Customer Support team before filing a Chargeback or reversal of payment, in order to prevent the Wacademy Services from being cancelled and your User Account being blocked, and to avoid the filing of an unwarranted or erroneous Chargeback, which may result in your being liable for its applicable Fees, in addition to re-payment of all the Fees applicable to the Wacademy Services purchased (and charged-back) by you.
We reserve our right to dispute any Chargeback received, including by providing the relevant credit card company or financial institution with any information and documentation proving that the User responsible for such Chargeback did in fact authorize the transaction and make use of the services rendered thereafter.
7.1. Cancellation by User
You may discontinue to use and request to cancel your User Account and/or any Wacademy Services at any time, in accordance with the instructions available on the Wacademy Services. The effective date and time for such cancellation shall be the date and time on which you have completed the cancellation process on the Wacademy Services, and the effective date for cancellation of Paid Services shall be at the end of such Paid Services’ subscription period.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, with respect to subscriptions to Renewing Paid Services, such subscription will be discontinued only upon the expiration of the respective period for which you have already made payment. Please note that as the cancellation process may take a few days, in order to avoid the next automatic renewal and respective charge the cancellation request should be made at least fourteen (14) days prior to the expiration of the then-current service period.
7.2. Cancellation by Wacademy
Failure to comply with any of the Wacademy Terms and/or to pay any due Fee shall entitle Wacademy to suspend (until full payment is made) or cancel your User Account and User Platform (or certain features thereof), as well as the provision of any related Wacademy Services (e.g., Paid Services) or Third Party Services to you.
7.3. Loss of Data, Content and Capacity
If your User Account or any Wacademy Services or Third Party Services related to your User Account are cancelled (whether at your request or at Wacademy’s discretion), it may cause or result in the loss of certain content, features, or capacity of your User Account, including any User Content, End User data or other usage data retained therein, and including any domain name reservation or registration that was included in such Services (“Capacity Loss”). Wacademy shall not be liable in any way for such Capacity Loss, or for saving a backup of your User Account, User Content or End User data. Please also note that additional Fees may apply to re-activation of a User Account and/or any Wacademy Services following their cancellation, as determined by Wacademy in its sole discretion.
The Wacademy Services also include certain features which enable you to sell goods, content, media, event tickets and services through your User Platform (“User Products”, and collectively – “E-Commerce”).
You are solely responsible for your User Products and E-Commerce related activities, and any promotions and related Content contained or referred to in your User Platform, and compliance with any laws applicable thereto. We are merely providing the platform for you to manage your online E-Commerce activities. We are not involved in your relationship and/or any transaction with any actual or potential buyer of your User Products.
When someone purchases your User Products, the payments for such transactions will be processed through Wacademy Payments or through a third-party payment service provider (“Payment Provider(s)”).
8.2. E-Commerce Acknowledgments and Warranties
By using any of our E-Commerce features, you acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
- You shall be solely and fully responsible for all Taxes and fees of any nature associated with your E-Commerce activities, including any Taxes related to the purchase or sale of the User Products, and to collect, report and remit the correct amounts to the appropriate authorities and/or inform your End Users of such and provide them with a duly issued invoice as required by law;
- Any Taxes indicated by the E-Commerce features provided to you by Wacademy are solely provided for illustration purposes only, and may not be relied on in any way;
- You shall be responsible for and bear all costs of procuring and delivering your User Products, and for providing them in a safe and professional manner, consistent with industry standards;
- You are solely responsible for any and all statements and promises you make and for all assistance, warranty and support regarding the User Products, and shall provide true contact information on your User Platform for any questions, complaints or claims; and
- You may not offer or sell any User Products, or provide any information, Content or material regarding User Products, which may be deemed hazardous, counterfeit, stolen, fraudulent, offensive or abusive; which are prohibited for sale, distribution or use; or which otherwise fail to comply with any applicable laws, including with respect to consumer rights, intellectual property or privacy rights, product safety, trade regulations and sanctions, support, maintenance and export; and –
- Wacademy may, at any time and at its sole discretion, suspend, disable access to or remove your User Platform and/or any User Products – whether or not incorporated, published with or made a part of your User Platform at such time, without any liability to you or to any End Users, including for any Capacity Loss resulted therefrom.
9. Third Party Services
The Wacademy Services enable you to engage and procure certain third party services, products and tools for enhancing your User Platform and your overall user experience, including, without limitation, domain registrars from which you may purchase a domain name for your User Website, third party applications and widgets offered via the Wacademy Website, third party Licensed Content, media distribution services, E-Commerce Payment Providers, sellers of tangible products, third party designers who may assist you with your User Platform, etc. (collectively, “Third Party Services”).
You acknowledge and agree that regardless of the manner in which such Third Party Services may be offered to you (bundled or integrated within certain Wacademy Services, offered separately by Wacademy or persons certified or authorized by Wacademy, or otherwise offered anywhere on the Wacademy Services), Wacademy merely acts as an intermediary platform between you and such Third Party Services, and does not in any way endorse any such Third Party Services, or shall be in any way responsible or liable with respect thereto. Wacademy will not be a party to, or in any way be responsible for monitoring, any interaction or transaction between you and any Third party Services.
You acknowledge that such services may require the payment of additional amounts to Wacademy and/or to the providers of such Third-Party Services.
Any and all use of such Third Party Services shall be done solely at your own risk and responsibility, and may be subject to such legal and financial terms which govern such Third Party Services, which you are encouraged to review before engaging with them.
While we hope to avoid such instances, Wacademy may, at any time and at its sole discretion, suspend, disable access to or remove from your User Account, User Platform(s) and/or the Wacademy Services, any Third Party Services – whether or not incorporated with or made part of your User Account and/or User Platform(s) at such time – without any liability to you or to any End Users.
10. Misconduct and Copyrights
10.1. Misconduct and Abuse
When using the Wacademy Services, you may be exposed to User Platforms, User Content or Third Party Services from a variety of sources, which may be inaccurate, offensive, objectionable or illegal. You hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Wacademy with respect thereto.
If you believe a User or any Third Party Services acted inappropriately or otherwise misused any of the Wacademy Services, please immediately report such User and/or Third Party Service to us. You agree that your report shall not impose any responsibility or liability upon Wacademy, and that Wacademy may consider such report and act upon it, refrain from taking any such action or require additional information or documents before doing so, at its sole discretion.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
We provide the Wacademy Services on an “As Is”, “with all faults” and “As Available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, non-infringement, or any other warranty – all to the fullest extent permitted by law. We specifically do not represent or warrant that the Wacademy Services (or any part, feature or Content thereof) are complete, accurate, of any certain quality, reliable or secure in any way, suitable for or compatible with any of your (or your End Users’) contemplated activities, devices, operating systems, browsers, software or tools (or that they will remain as such at any time), or comply with any laws applicable to you or your End Users (including in any jurisdiction in which you operate), or that their operation will be free of any viruses, bugs or other harmful components or program limitations. Moreover, we do not endorse any entity, product or service (including any Third Party Services) mentioned on or made available via the Wacademy Services – so please be sure to verify those before using or otherwise engaging them.
Wacademy may, at its sole discretion (however it shall have no obligation to do so), screen, monitor and/or edit any User Platform and/or User Content, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, in no circumstances may Wacademy be considered as a “publisher” of any User Content, does not in any way endorse any User Content, and assumes no liability for any User Content uploaded, posted, published and/or made available by any User or any other party on and/or through the Wacademy Services, for any use by any party, or for any loss, deletion or damage thereto or thereof or any loss, damage, cost or expense that you or others may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with publishing, accessing and/or relying on any User Content. Furthermore, Wacademy shall not be liable for any mistakes, defamation, libel, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, incitement and/or any other unlawful and/or infringing User Content you or any other party may encounter.
You acknowledge that there are risks in using the Wacademy Services and/or connecting and/or dealing with any Third Party Services through or in connection with Wacademy Services, and that Wacademy cannot and does not guarantee any specific outcomes from such use and/or interactions, and you hereby assume all such risks, liabilities and/or harm of any kind arising in connection with and/or resulting from such interactions. Such risks may include, among others, misrepresentation of information about and/or by Third Party Services and/or Licensed Content, breach of warranty and/or contract, violation of rights, and any consequent claims.
Wacademy does not recommend the use of the Wacademy Services for hosting of personal content and shall not bear any security or integrity obligations or risks regarding breach or damage to any such content.
Please note that certain Wacademy Services are currently offered in their BETA version, and undergoing BETA testing. You understand and agree that certain Wacademy Services may still contain software bugs, suffer disruptions and not operate as intended or designated. Your use of the Wacademy Services at this BETA stage signifies your agreement to participate in such Wacademy Services’ BETA testing.
12. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law in each applicable jurisdiction, Wacademy, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and/or agents shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, including any damages resulting from (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of or in any content; (2) any personal injury or property damage related to your use of the Wacademy Services; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information and/or other information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Wacademy Services; (5) the use or display of any Content or User Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Wacademy Services; (6) events beyond the reasonable control of Wacademy, including any internet failures, equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, intergalactic struggles, governmental actions, orders of courts, agencies or tribunals or non-performance of third parties; and/or (7) loss of use, data, profits, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or the inability to use any or all of Wacademy Services.
You acknowledge and agree that these limitations of liability are agreed allocations of risk constituting in part the consideration for Wacademy’s services to you, and such limitations will apply even if Wacademy has been advised of the possibility of such liabilities.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Wacademy, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debt and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from: (1) your violation of any term of these Terms & Conditions or any other Wacademy Terms; (2) your violation of any third party right, including any copyright, access rights, property, or privacy right, resulting from your User Platform or User Content and/or your use of the Wacademy Services, including, without limitation, Wacademy Services’ actions for your benefit; and/or (3) any other type of claim that your User Platform and/or User Content caused damage to a third party.
14.1. Changes & Updates
Wacademy reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate any of the Wacademy Services (or any features thereof, or prices applicable thereto), and/or cancel your access to any of the Wacademy Services (including removal of any materials created by you in connection with the Wacademy Services) for any reason and/or change any of the Wacademy Terms with or without prior notice – at any time and in any manner.
You agree that Wacademy will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of those Wacademy Services.
If any such changes involve the payment of additional Fees, we will provide you with a notice of such Fees prior to enabling such specific changes. If you fail or refuse to pay such Fees, we may (at our sole discretion) cancel your User Account (as further explained in Section 6 above), continue to support your then-current Wacademy Services without enabling such changes, or provide you with alternative Services.
14.2. Governing Law & Jurisdiction; Class Action Waiver
The Wacademy Terms, the rights and remedies provided hereunder, and any and all claims and disputes related thereto and/or to the Wacademy Services, their interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from or pursuant to the Wacademy Terms, or any related transaction or purchase, shall be governed by, construed under and enforced in all respects solely and exclusively in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the State of Israel, without respect to its conflict of laws principles.
Any and all such claims and disputes shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by, a court of competent jurisdiction located in the Republic of Ireland. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
Subject to any applicable law, all disputes between you and Wacademy shall only be resolved on an individual basis and you shall not have the right to bring any claim against Wacademy as a plaintiff or a member of a class, consolidated or representative actions (or any other legal proceedings conducted by a group or by representatives on behalf of others).
We may provide you with notices in any of the following methods: (1) via the Wacademy Services, including by a banner or pop-up within the Wacademy Website, User Account or elsewhere; (2) by email, sent to the e-mail address you provided us; and/or (3) through any other means, including any phone number or physical address you provided us. Wacademy’s notice to you will be deemed received and effective within twenty four (24) hours after it was published or sent through any of the foregoing methods, unless otherwise indicated in the notice.
The Wacademy Terms, and your use of the Wacademy Services, do not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between Wacademy and you.
14.5. Entire Agreement
These Terms & Conditions, together with the Wacademy Terms and any other legal or fee notices provided to you by Wacademy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Wacademy concerning the subject matter hereof or thereof, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings, promises, conditions, negotiations, covenants or representations, whether written or oral, between Wacademy and you, including those made by or between any of our respective representatives, with respect to any of the Wacademy Services. You further agree that you are not relying upon any promise, inducement, representation, statement, disclosure or duty of disclosure of Wacademy in entering into any of the Wacademy Terms.
Wacademy may assign its rights and/or obligations hereunder and/or transfer ownership rights and title in the Wacademy Services and/or Licensed Content to a third party without your consent or prior notice to you. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Wacademy. Any attempted or actual assignment thereof without Wacademy’s prior explicit and written consent will be null and void. In any event, an assignment or transfer pursuant to this Section 15.6 shall not in itself grant either Wacademy or you the right to cancel any Wacademy Services or Third Party Services then in effect.
14.7. Severability & Waivers
If any provision of the Wacademy Terms is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. No Waiver of any breach or default of any of the Wacademy Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.